Monday, September 5, 2011

                                    Sunday, Sep 4th
    We got up early and had breakfast with the Jarvis family, then rushed around getting ready to leave. The girls decided they wanted to straighten my hair for me...I wasn't burned, it just took forever.... lol. We were late getting downstairs to meet the rest of the group. The whole group (all the families with Lifeline [the adoption agency]) piled into the bus and we went shopping at Liwan Plaza... We went to the pearl and Jade market, got the girls some traditional Chinese dresses and then got a few more groceries. It was incredibly hot and humid today, especially in the mall (where the markets were). My foot's been doing a lot better, though walking a crazy amount at a time takes it's toll on me. Back in the hotel we ate lunch, then I fixed the girls hair for the group photos... we did a group photo, of all the families that adopted (using Lifeline, that is). A lot of people. Then we all went out to eat together at SABAH, the Malaysian resturant. The food was great, but gosh am I stuffed. They feed you so much here. Sleep sounds good right about now... all this heat puts me to sleep.       
I've been sitting on the couch for a while now with Yue Fei, while Xui Mei is showering. We've been talking about our family and that she likes having so many family members. She always wants to know what everyone's talking about (We're talking through the translator, btw), since she doesn't understand the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment