Thursday, September 29, 2011

Story

I worked down stairs with the blind toddlers today until the other kids got back from school. I had a nice conversation (or lack thereof) with the other worker during that time (Btw, Chinese dictionaries aren't very useful if the other person can't read...). I showed her some pictures of my family and explained (in broken Chinese) that there are 9 kids (this usually makes them give me a bad look and shake their head no at me, while wondering how it's even legal to have that many kids) and that 3 of them were adopted from here in China. She asked a lot of questions, after gesturing that it was "alooot of kids!", but I couldn't really understand her questions. I showed her more pics and videos and her reaction as she watched them seemed like she was confused or didn't like what she saw. But, after about an hour she stopped trying to communicate verbally (we were both getting slightly frustrated with the language barrier by this point), shook her head no, grabbed my arm to stand up, pointed to the picture of my parents and gave them a thumbs up whiling grinning ear to ear, and then gave me a huge hug! I honestly don't know half of the stuff that was going on, but I'm pretty sure she was happy about it all. :) haha.

Later this evening, I waited for the kids to get home from school before I ate (I like to eat my meals with the kids). As always, right after dinner Cheng Cheng planted himself on my lap and was chattering my ears off with how well he can count to 10 in English (can't he pick something else to recite now, it's been 3 weeks?!) lol. And then, as I was leaving to come back up here to my place, all the kids were waving goodbye, when Cheng Cheng came running across the room yelling something at me... I sat on the ground to see what was wrong and before I could even ask, he kissed me! And then told me in the cutest little voice ever, 'night night'. Ahhh, is he not the most adorable thing ever?!! He's soo sweet! I can't get over how much I love this kid.

I hope as you all are just now starting out the day, that you have an awesome and blessed one, like I've just had! :)

2 comments:

  1. Alicia, it was great Skyping with you last night. I just wanted you to know I love reading your posts and seeing your photos, and I check the blog every morning! Thanks for sharing your journey! Delene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm extremely late in response, but thank you! It was great knowing people were actually reading my posts lol. :)

    ReplyDelete