Friday, September 2, 2011

                                    Monday, Aug 29th
    We got up super early, once again, and left the hotel at 8:30am to go meet Anna Xui Mei. When we walked in the room she clung to her nanny and was crying alot and refused to even look at us. She wouldn't talk or look or go near us for at least an hour.. maybe two. After awhile, a little toddler came in and Xui Mei jumped up and was laughing and playing with the little girl. She obviously knew her quite well. Being the baby-lover that I am, I went and played with them, too. It didn't take too long before Xui Mei was playing and talking to me, too. After about three hours, we left the office, with Xui Mei, and went to walmart. She picked out a few clothes and shoes. Poor girl doesn't know know what to do, I don't think. She doesn't like how we speak different languages... who would? We went to dinner at the "Blue bird" across the street, but it took way too long for the food to get to us.. it was awkward silence. When we got back from dinner, we taught her how to play UNO...she loved it! I played with her for at least an hour, if not longer..she beat me a lot. lol. I got a notebook out and started writing a few Chinese words down and the English word next to them -- She started going through word after word, teaching me how to write it in Chinese... She gave me 4 pages worth of a Chinese lesson.
Bed time was interesting...she didn't want to take a shower, or even change her clothes... she brushed her teeth at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment