Sunday, September 4, 2011

                                    Friday, Sep 2nd
    I slept terribly last night... I dreamed I was having open-heart surgery...while I was awake! (No idea why I dreamed that...). We actually had to wake the girls up this morning to go to breakfast, which is surprising. They usually get up on their own. At breakfast we talked with one of the waiters -- he's from Belgium apparently. Mom and I have been wondering where he's from all week... he looks like a movie star or something. I figured he was from France -- he's got that look about him and an accent to go with it. He was nice.                                 
Anyway, after breakfast we stayed in our hotel room for awhile -- mom braided Faith Yue Fei's hair and I taught the girls how to make friendship bracelets. Around 3pm we went to the police station to finish up even [more] paperwork. Then we went to a book store. We got an electronic translator for the girls -- LIFE SAVER! And an English-Chinese dictionary for me, for when I stay here and travel alone. We went to dinner with the Walker family. They adopted twice baby girls from here. They're soooooo adorable!!! They have two other adopted children as well. One from China and one from Kasakstan (or however you spell that). It was fun getting to know them. They're from South Carolina, Mr (David) Walker is a pastor and they homeschool their children, too. Nice family.

No comments:

Post a Comment