Wednesday, November 24, 2010

October 31st - journal entry, day 5

Painting...probably the 3rd coat by this time. lol.

Sierra got a hold of my camera during one of my 10min naps throughout the week lol. The back of a van can be quite comfy if you're tired enough :-)

Kadance and her three cousins...it was so much fun playing with them :)

Me and Mr. Kitty  ♥
Instead of going to church, we went to finish up the two houses, since tomorrow we're handing the keys over and we're not anywhere close to being finished!  We painted the baseboards and touched up the walls, we cleaned out the refrigerators, installed toilets, bathtubs, etc. We have done so many coats of paint between the two houses that even I'm beginning to get burned out (i love painting)!ILL have stuff to do!  Every chance I get, I fall asleep. lol. I've taken so many 10 minute naps throughout the week that I'm afraid it'll become a habit for when I'm back home. lol.  We played with the Tapia's(the fam getting 1 of the houses) daughter and nieces again today. Mrs. Tapia even made our team lunch! First time having Fry-bread...very good :-)  I also played with Mr. Kitty again today...I really wish I could take him home =( 
When we finished and came back, the other group was already gone. We can finally shower...and sleep! haha. One thing that the Yuma(where that group was from..) group taught me though, was how most of the Natives feel living with so many people in a confined space...makes me want to help even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment