Tuesday, November 23, 2010

October 29th - journal entry, day 3

Today we worked in the house ALL day! I did a 2nd coat of mudding in the closet, that I had started yesterday. Sierra and I helped Macaiah finish building a window-sill and then had us do one just the two of us, and then one by myself...that was fun...and interesting lol. I'm SO sore now! :) haha.

I called my mom after work and apparently she got Jadyn to talk about her life as an orphan. She (Jadyn) said she slept in a crib, was hit with a hangar if she did something wrong, watched someone get hit/killed by a car....I mean, I'm here in AZ, hearing all sorts of sad stories about kids/adults, and my own sister has experienced some of the same things. It makes all this so much more realistic when it comes to your own family. My mom videoed most of Jadyn telling the stories of her past - I can't wait to watch them when I get back. 

I'm lying in bed now, (8:30pm), Sierra and Katelyn are already asleep, I think. There's another group coming in, in about an hour, so I figure I'll stay awake since I'll probably be woken up anyway. It's a group of 16, and 11 of them are girls! So there'll be a LOT of girls sharing 3 showers this whole weekend and It'll be a bit cramped probably, but it'll be cool, hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment