Tuesday, November 23, 2010

October 30th - journal entry, day 4

Playing with Kadence :)

sitting in the attack holding stuff on the ceiling....not sure how I ended up doing that job lol but it was warm up there nonetheless ;)

Sierra and Mr. Kitty. By the end of the week Mr Kitty had a white tail...

Me and my new friend, Frances :) We both look completely exhausted! haha
So I ended up falling asleep and then woken up by the girls last night lol. Three, 16yr old girls got put in our room and, Oh. My. Goodness! They are so loud and hyper! And it's insane trying to get in the shower...or even go to the bathroom! lol. After breakfast we all went off to the worksite. The other group went to the house that we had been working on the previous days, and we went to two different house, that are next door to each other. They're almost finished. We have to have them finished by Monday, so the families can move in...we'll get to participate in the 'house blessing' for two families. (we'll dedicate the houses to the families and give them the keys and then have lunch together).
While working today, we got to meet the family moving into one of the houses! I played with the couple's little 14 month old girl, Kadence. She is SO adorable!! I also played with the family's 3 nieces. It was a lot fun and really cool to meet and get to know the family we're helping. (apparently, 99% of the work teams that come in, never even know who the house is for).  I didn't get put in a closet in this house, at least! Instead, they put me in the attack.... haha. (think they were trying to get me outta the way? ;) )  There was this cat that constantly came into whichever house we were in at the time and would climb all over us, just wanting to be pet! We named him Mr. Kitty (original, I know) lol. I wanna bring him home with me sooo badly! He's so sweet!
We got finished about 5:30pm and went 'home' to get cleaned up in time for dinner. Amazingly, we beat the other group back, with just enough time for the 5 of us girls to get showers! haha. I met a girl named Frances at dinner, she's really nice...hope to get better acquainted with her through facebook, hopefully, since she's leaving tomorrow.  After dinner I basically crashed. The other group had a church service and we just went back to our rooms and talked, which was really cool. Katelyn, Sierra, Judy, and I talked for a long time about mission trips, college, home schooling (which was more a debate). But nonetheless, was a great conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment