Monday, November 29, 2010

November 1st - journal entry, day 6

Finished house. The Tapia family moved in just this week (11/24/10)

Me and Rae-Rae ♥

Our flower
We got up early again, went to breakfast, which was omelets. Charlie told us a new way to cook them... put all the ingredients (eggs, bacon, cheese, etc) in a plastic bag and then put the bag(s) in a pot of boiling water....boil them til they're done. It's a good way to cook for a large group. Pretty neat, if you ask me, I'll have to try it sometime :-)

At the worksite today we saw a jackrabbit, which was pretty cool. I had never seen one before. Also, while Sierra, Katelyn, and I were cleaning up the yard in front of the house I stepped on a thorn (the thorns there are like 2 inches long! More like sticks if you ask me.) it went through my shoe and everything! Then, only about 10 minutes later we saw a scorpion...then another one. We all had work gloves on so we weren't really worried, but of course, as soon as I said that I went to pick something up and it stung me!! It hurt a lot like a bee sting and then my finger went numb all day...and then just hurt again. lol. Diana said it'll probably hurt for 24hrs or so...and yes, it still does -_-
We barely got the house finished in time! We started the house blessings at noon (had lunch with the 2 familes plus their friends and family, turned the keys over to the families, etc). Charlie brought lunch out to the houses and we ate in the front field.  At 2pm we packed all the chairs, tables, food, etc, up and headed back to help unload.  We got about a 10min break and then headed to do Bus in a different neighborhood.
There were a TON of kids this time, it was awesome!  A little 4yr old girl named Rae Rae attached to me instantly, and I to her. She is sooo adorable! I wish I could stay forever just to play with her!
After we said bye to the kids and dropped them back to their houses, we went back to the church.

We all got showers and then sat around until dinner time..... I fell asleep. haha. I could have very easily slept through dinner!  During dinner everyone was making fun of each other (in a nice way) and just having a good time. Sierra hadn't finished her cake and so Charlie picked her plate up and shoved the cake in her face! Then Sierra threw it back at him....It was hilarious! They both got iced. haha.
Our team drew a flower on Charile's kitchen wall to add to his "garden" (each team that comes in draws a flower.)

It's our last night here and everyone else is already asleep. It's about 10pm, I think. We stayed in the kitchen forever it seems and then had to pack. We have to leave for the airport by 6:30 in the morning, so I'm going to sleep now!  I'm so exhausted, It's so hard to stay awake throughout the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment