Monday, November 29, 2010

November 2nd, 2010 - journal entry day 7

Bill, the bus driver, and his wife

Me and Sierra at the airport...it's been awesome traveling with her! ♥
I woke up at 5:30 this morning, finished packing and had breakfast at 6am. Charlie was so kind as to make breakfast earlier than usual :-)  It took about 2hrs to get to the airport. Right now I'm in a plane descending into Detroit, Michigan...
   Something I forgot about yesterday was that Bill's (the bus driver) dad isn't doing well. He's about to pass away. He lives in Nevada and Bill and his wife doesn't really have the funds to go... So, our team decided to send them!  We all pitched in and paid their way (i hope it was enough.) I need to remember to pray for Bill and his family...

Now, I'm waiting to depart from Detroit to Louisville! I just talked to my parents and remembered we're going to the Creation Museum in the morning....It's gonna be a long, tiring day for me! I'll get a good night of sleep tomorrow night, that's for sure! haha.
I land at 8:45 tonight, get home about 9:30 hopefully, then I'm gonna eat! haha. It still feels like 4pm to me -_-

I can't believe the trip is over so soon, and yet, it feels like I've been there for a month! Even Diana said it felt that way. We did SO much! I think we're all exhausted. Diana told us about the National Missionary Convention every year, and this years' is in Lexington, KY, in just a few weeks! I really hope I can go.

I'm beginning to get sad about leaving. I already miss the people at ARM, the mountains, the work, the weather, the beautiful kids and the feeling of doing God's work where it's highly needed.
I'm hoping/planning/praying to go back (soon?). They need staff and I need them. I feel like I've left a part of my heart there. Maybe I can take Andrew with me next time. He'd be good with the work and kids.

Ahhhh.....I'm home! My mom picked me and Sierra up around 9:30 from the airport. We took her home. It was sad to say goodbye to our team. We've all become attached and feel like family...along with the ARM staff and Apache people. Though, don't get me wrong, it's awesome and exciting to be back with MY family! I got home and it softened my heart so much to find out Andrew and Jeffrey stayed up just to see me! :)  I did miss them even though I really wanted to stay in Arizona...but I guess I'll just have to go back!!
All the way home I couldn't quit talking. Telling my mom all about the Natives and the staff and the whole trip in general. God worked in (and hopefully through) me so much this past week. I feel the call to be a missionary even more now...

It's 11:00pm now, and yes, it feels like 8pm. lol. But, hopefully I adjust easier than usual, this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment