Sunday, October 9, 2011

Yay!

So, I have some exciting news (for me, at least). First of all, after 3 days of having NO voice whatsoever (I lost it on Thurs night), not only can I talk (for the most part, at least) again, but I had a 25 minute conversation in Chinese, and understood every word of it!!!  =) =)  Granted, the convo was with a 3 year old (yes, it was Cheng Cheng;), so it's not like there was a ton of hard vocab, anyway lol (tho he does have a lot to say!), but still. It was awesome :)  I'm finally able to communicate, and of course I'm leaving in FOUR days! :( Wish I could stay longer...but it's been great while it's lasted! Maybe I'll get home and actually be able to talk to my sisters this time...

AND as of today, I got all the portraits FINISHED! Yay! (actually, I still have to take the staff's photos on Wed...but that'll be quick and easy). I feel like I've accomplished sooo much today!  :)  3000+ pics taken here in Jiaozuo, so far..  probably 5000+ if you add in the ones from Kunming and Guangzhou... haha :)

I swear if Cheng Cheng comes running up to give me a hug one more time I'm gonna stuff 'em in a suitcase and take him home with me!! (I had a dream that my parents adopted him last night...). I'm gonna miss that kid so much :'(  ...I should video walking into the room with the kids downstairs, just so you can see what (adorableness!) I have to put up with every day!

Tomorrow I was supposed to be working at the baby house (actually I was supposed to every day until I leave), but since I still have a cold, we had to find someone else to cover for me instead. Which is kinda good for me, cause not only is it exhausting, but I do have a lot to do in the next couple days to get ready to leave. So, now it looks like I have a semi-free day tomorrow ("free" meaning I'm not obligated to a specific job) but I'll end up playing with the kids and going to the school to help out there or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment