Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I'm HOME! Well I guess I've been home for about a week now lol.

The layover in Korea wasn't bad at all. A couple hours into it a few other Americans/people from the UK were at the same gate.....Now that I think back on it, I'm sure I sounded like a complete idiot when I walked up to them, asked where they were headed and after they answered all I did was smile and say "...you speak English...:)" Haha. It was so weird to have an English conversation!
My flight from Korea to Atlanta was really nice. The plane was half empty it seems -- No one was sitting next to me, so I had a full 4 seats to myself, which I definitely took advantage of and laid down on ;) It didn't seem like we were flying that long, and I only slept [maybe] an hour! The flight was supposed to be 14 hrs, I believe, but we got there 40mins early! (I guess after flying 14hrs, 40mins early doesn't make a huge difference -- but still lol). Which was nice, cause I was worried about getting through Customs and to my gate in time for my last flight. But everything was a breeze!

My flight to Louisville was on time and I had a nice little reunion with friends at the airport -- thanks for coming guys! (and thank you, Rachel, for taking me home, it was much appreciated :)
I got home around 1:45am. I think I finally fell asleep around 4am, but only to be awakened around 9ish by my family (that I didn't see when I got in last night) piling on top of me... as tired as I was, I loved it :)  My brain is still in Chinese mode --  I keep wanting to answer things in Chinese. But Faith and Anna are ecstatic about it! Though I don't think they like the fact that I can sometimes catch onto what they say to each other (when they don't want anyone knowing) lol.
I love being home with my family again...but I miss China and all the kids so much! I really did not want to come home. Guess I'll just have to go again.. ;)

Being in China, sharing God's love (silently:), playing with kids, and doing photography....all things that were highly needed at Eagles Wings' (the org.) and all things I LOVE! Seriously, how much better could it have gotten?? :) :)

Altogether, the trip was INCREDIBLE!! There were a few rough days, mostly in the beginning from getting sick, but overall I loved the entire experience! There's this unexplainable excitement that I get when I hear that someone is inquiring about a child to adopt, all because I was blessed to take a few simple photos or videos of them... I finally, truly understand the quote, "We're blessed to be a blessing".  I was blessed to do what I love and in return I hope I've been a blessing to every single person I came in contact with.  I've learned so much and my faith has definitely grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment