Saturday, March 8, 2014

Stressed? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? Discouraged?

Have you ever felt like there's too much for you to bear? Like your life is moving at the speed of light and you can't catch up? Do feel like everyone around you seems to have their life together, while you're sitting in a world of chaos? Do you feel anxious, overwhelmed, and unsure of how to keep moving forward? Yeah, that's me.

Over the past two weeks, I've let myself worry, get discouraged over petty things, feel hurt by the words/actions of others, and let simple, dumb things overwhelm me to the point that I don't sleep. Or even worse, I've let my own words and actions not reflect my God the way they should. In turn, the lack of sleep makes things seem even worse than they truly are, and I hurt the people who love me, by my words and actions, too.

Well, thanks to my mom, I took the day off work today to sleep in and get my bearings together. She's my life-saver - seriously, she's amazing :) This morning was a massive wake up call for me - and not just in the physical way. After getting some much needed sleep and taking a deep breath, I can now see that the moment I started falling behind/letting homework pile up/letting little things bother me, is the moment I put spending time with God on the back-burner, so I could try to catch up on life. You may be thinking to yourself, "Well, that was dumb. Why'd she do that, doesn't she know better??" It's okay, I'm telling myself that, too. God should always be my top priority, I know this and I fail miserably more often than not. I've noticed every time I stop focusing on Jesus, my life seems to fall apart faster than I could put it together to begin with. However, my God is a forgiving, merciful, and loving God! And I'm beyond thankful and incredibly blessed!

Enough about that though - I'm moving forward! God taught me this morning (again) that He is greater than all our worries, fears, and troubles (1 John 4:4), He (and His love) never fails (Psalm 136, 2 Cor. 6:18), and that nothing is too difficult for Him! (Jer. 32:27). I pray that if you are struggling in the same way, you will find peace with Jesus Christ, just as I have. :)

1 comment: