Sunday, August 28, 2011

                                        Thurs - Fri, Aug 25th-26th
    Last night I began and finished packing for China  at 11pm, (I'm a terrible procrastinator, when it comes to packing). I tried staying up all night, since I had to get up at 2:45am to get ready to leave for the airport. But, I ended up falling asleep at 2:30am lol. So, I slept for all of 15 minutes and then rushed around loading the car, etc. We got to the airport at 4:30am, our plane left at 6:55am. We flew from Louisville to Dallas, TX, and believe it or not, I slept...the whole way. Then, from Dallas we flew to Incheon, Korea, which oh, only took 14 or so hours (bleh), and then last, but not least, we flew from Incheon to Kunming, China! (I literally slept probably 80% of the time throughout the traveling). So, after a grand total of 34 hours, we landed around 10pm, (China time), got our luggage (we found all our luggage with no complications this time. yay!) and then met our guide, Helen. She took us to our hotel....omgness, the driving (yikes)....I guess I had forgotten how crazy they drive here...
All my joints were so swollen from sitting on the planes so long, but my foot was even worse. Since my foot's been hurting/swollen for several weeks now, sitting in the plane just made the swelling and pain worse.  Once we got to our hotel room we all pretty much just crashed for the night...but wow, the beds are like a brick wall (no joke). The floor is 10x softer than the beds...I'm thinking I'll end up sleeping on the floor before we leave here lol. Even with the hard rock beds, I still slept like a baby... no idea how, seeing as I slept basically the whole way here.

No comments:

Post a Comment