Sunday, August 28, 2011

                                    Saturday, Aug 27th
    This morning we got up around 7am, went to breakfast and then Helen took us on a walk around Green lake park. The lake/park was gorgeous!! I wish the states had parks like this one. It's incredible. There's a ton of people everywhere, dancing, singing, playing games, etc. I wish Americans were like this. We went to Walmart after that. Yes, Walmart in China. It was interesting. My foot doesn't hurt quite as badly today, thank goodness, but the walk around the park/walmart did me in. After resting for a few hours, we went to meet Victoria Rice and her 3 daughters (Rachel, Esther and Grace). They help out in Anna's orphanage, so we got to hear some stories about her, from them! Getting to them was the only issue. We had to take a cab, and the driving around here is insane! Plus, the taxi driver had no idea where the place we were meeting them was. But we made it eventually. We walked around some little shops and then went to dinner with them at The Wicker Basket. I ate Puh Thai :)
After dinner we caught a taxi once again. About 5 minutes into the drive back the driver pulled over opened my door and motioned to me to scoot over. I had no clue what he was saying, but I moved over a seat...then a lady came running up to the cab and jumped in next to me... guessing it's his gf/wife... lol. We made it back to the hotel without problems this time, though. We've had some interesting cab rides, to say the least. Once we finally got back to the hotel I skyped with Rachel! :) Then went to sleep... I couldn't keep my eyes open at all. Walking everywhere really takes it's toll on you. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment