Monday, January 29, 2024

When It Rains, It Pours

As I write this, I am cuddled up on the couch with Dorito, trying not to cough my lungs up...

I came down with a nasty cough and a 102 fever the morning after Adam's mom was admitted into the hospital. Thankfully, she was discharged Thursday evening and Adam was able to come home to finally get some rest... or so we thought. Around 1am, I had severe stomach pain that woke me up out of a deep sleep. It hurt so much that I felt like I was going to vomit, so I got up to go to the bathroom. On the way to the bathroom, however, I realized the situation felt all too familiar (I passed out from the same pain about a year and a half ago). I decided to go back to bed, but it was too late. I woke up on the floor and Adam got up to find me there. I got a good size knot on my head, bruise on my elbow and my neck is pretty stiff.
I feel bad for Adam, more than anything else, as he's had to deal with his mom and now me... when it rains, it pours, right?

Friday, my neck continued to get worse throughout the day. I couldn't turn my head, or even talk, without my neck hurting horribly. I had Adam take me to the ER on Saturday morning. The CT of my head/neck came back normal, thankfully. They did confirm that I have Flu B and a neck strain (whiplash). I'm so grateful it wasn't worse! 

Both Jadyn and Adam have been taking such amazing care of me. Making sure I'm well fed and keeping me entertained. At this point, I just really hope neither of them (or my in-laws) catch the flu from me. And I'm hoping I can make a full recovery sooner rather than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment