Saturday, June 4, 2011

Can it be so soon?!

Well, I leave in 3 days for the Dominican Republic! I am so excited about what God is going to do and teach me while I'm there. Seems like just yesterday that it was January, and now....it's June?! Time goes by way too quickly. Anyway, I want to thank everyone who has prayed and donated toward this mission! You all have been such a blessing, in more ways than one and I thank you.

I went shopping with Rachel last week and we got all our supplies/necessities that we need for the trip...now, to fit it all in a carry-on and backpack. We have quite the challenge ahead of us :-) I'm thrilled to be going on a mission for God's glory with one of my closets friends, Rachel. :)

The weather the past few weeks have been crazy here! We went through several weeks of just heavy downpour. There was so much flooding. There's also been major tornadoes all over the place that has left cities in a terrible state of living.  Now, it's just hot. It's been in the 90's for two weeks.. I was thinking just today about how I don't have AC in my car and how hot it is...great preparation for going to the DR, where there's no AC at all!

Praying God keeps us safe, healthy and that we listen to what He has for us. Can't wait to share my experiences and what He has taught me!

No comments:

Post a Comment